The path goes directly to the ruin Belfort. The castle offers a glorious view over the Albula valley. The tour continues down to the cantonal road. Follow the quiet path until you see the village Surava. The path now heads up to the village edge of Brienz/Brinzauls.
The tour leads to the very heart of Graubünden in Vazerol. Here in 1471 on the old border between the Leagues of «God's House» and «The Ten Jurisdictions» an alliance was formed. You can still find the inscription on a stone «In memory of the alliance of God's House, The Ten Jurisdictions and the Grey League in Vazerol 1471.» The tour now leads back to the start point at Brienz/Brinzauls.
Tips and hints
- This route is only signposted in one direction: Brienz-Rna Belfort-Vazerol-Brienz
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.